Your weekly dose of photography reading from around the web:
- Photojojo’s Favorite Flickr Add-ons and Mashups
If you’re a Flickr user, you’ve got to check out these handy little tools aimed to make you more productive with your photos.
- The Nuts and Bolts of Off Camera Flash – Part 3, TTL wireless
Awesome run-down of the inner workings behind TTL wireless flash options. This is part 3 of an amazingly educational series.
- Flash 101: On-Camera Flash
Flash 101: Off-Camera Flash
More 101 goodness from Beyond Megapixels. This time, they cover the topics of on-camera and off-camera flash, various modes, metering, pros, cons, and examples.
- What the Mona Lisa Can Teach You About Taking Great Portraits
digital Photography School
Some portrait photography tips based on the Mona Lisa.
- Manual Focus – Practice Makes Perfect
Here’s a good exercise for honing your manual focus skills. All you need is your camera, a lens with a wide aperture, and a measuring tape.
- 32 Resources to Listen Your Way to Better Photography
A great list of photography podcasts that are sure to educate and inspire you.
- Forgotten Photoshop Filters: Dust and Scratches
Dust and scratches aren’t a huge issue with digital photos, but film scans can suffer badly. Here’s a good explanation of a Photoshop filter that can help out.
- Why your images are worthless
Nikonian Martin Joergensen
A great discussion about the business outlook for photographers, and some tips and advice for making your way into it.