Halloween is officially over, and I hope everyone had a safe evening. Here's what's been happening around the web over the last week.
- Seagate FreeAgent Go Drive “Fall” Photo Contest
Here's a great project for the Fall season, and it fits in nicely with the stuff I've been talking about related to photo backups. All you have to do is enter your best “Fall” photo for a chance to win one of three external hard drives from Seagate!
- Exploring Small Strobes: Why Use Speedlights Off Camera
Tips and techniques for using off-camera strobes in a variety of situations: replacing natural and artificial light, macro lighting, background lighting, backlighting, and using multiple strobes.
- Always Use a UV Filter
A few good reasons why you might consider keeping a UV filter on your lenses.
- Review: Adobe Photoshop CS4
A full review of the new features in Photoshop CS4, ACR 5, and Bridge CS4.
- Ultimate Guide to Taking Portraits at Night
Tips and tricks for shooting night portraits, including ISO, flash, lighting, background, motion, color, and more.
- An Over Due Review: Digital Railroad vs. Photoshelter Collection
A quick look and comparison of these two services, and their eventual failure.
- Review: The Art of Black and White Photography
John gives us a good honest review of this book and who he'd suggest it to.
- Tips for shooting star trails pictures
Star trails photography is at the same time easy and rewarding, it can produce results that will leave most viewers in awe with very little effort. Here are some tips for getting started.
- How to photograph smoke abstracts
A great tutorial on shooting smoke — things you'll need, setting up your equipment, and processing the images.